How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am self employed live in carer, what info will be required,

Customer Question

I am self employed live in carer, what info will be required, when filling out forms?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for our question, I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
I assume you have many clients if you are self employed - and therefore are referring to the self assessment tax return form?
If so then you would need details of income paid by all clients, and any relevant expenses incurred to earn this income.
If you go to the same clients on regular days of the week, then travel to and from will not be allowed, as this will be treated as normal home to work travel costs. And I would not imagine you have many other expenses other than perhaps insurances allowing you to trade in this way.
If you are not referring to the self assessment tax return, then please advise what form you are referring to, if you wish me to expand on any of the answer provided, then please do ask.