How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14200
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

i bought an property in 1993 but cannot remember the exact

This answer was rated:

i bought an property in 1993 but cannot remember the exact price paid at the time. I have tried both the solicitor and the estate agent who handled the purchase but both have destroyed records from that far back. I also understand the land registry only kept sales data from 1995 onwards. How can I get an accurate answer on the price I paid for it?
Thanks for your question
There are two three ways you can approach this,
The first is the site Zoopla which may well list the purchase price as far back as 1993.
Second ask your local estate agent to offer a back dated valuation in their expert opinion
Or the most robust one is to ask the District Valuation Office to make a valuation Link here
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have some historic rental income from this property that I have not paid tax on, how far back do I need to declare this?

Thanks for your response
As this is a new question, it should for future reference be listed as anew question, so we experts get credit for the additional work we undertake by Just Answer.
I will, however on this occasion answer your further question
Rental income should be declared to HMRC for as far back as the rental income began, and for the full duration.