How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4808
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am completing a tax return -14, and have paye earnings

Customer Question

I am completing a tax return -14, and have paye earnings some parttime earnings and since the start of this year rent from letting one property which will become two this year.
Can I register my part time earnings and rent income as one business?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
No, they are separate income streams. In addition to your SA100 form you will need to fill in a SA 103S or a SA 103F [under or over 79K PAYE and part time earned income] and a SA 105 rentals. You cannot register your part time earnings in the same category as your rental income.
So sorry to have to rain on your parade. You will have a lot of additional forms to complete self assessment tax return.