How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7509
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

how to send you further information you have asked

Customer Question

how to send you further information you have asked

Please help me.

I have several buy-to-let properties.

I have sold one of them on 19th April 2013.

I bought it for £285000 plus stamp duty and other charges in 2004.

Before selling it I had to do it up and spend £15000 on it.

I sold it less 10000 fees and other cost of 3000

This was on a mortgage with my name only.

But the tax return has been done on joint names since 2004

This year I have to do the tax return so please help me as what to do.

I had a property in Spain which had a negative equity and was given back to the bank

And the shortfall of 20000 Euro was taken out as a private loan from the same bank.  This was in 2009.  Can I offset this now.  All the Spanish taxes have been paid but were not declared in UK  tax return at any time.

In 2013 enter in venture with overseas partner and lost large amount of money.  Can I claim this?

I was in forex and lost lot of monies.  Can this be claimed?


Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.

Please provide the information already requested here
I need complete answers please so I can advise further