How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17200
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

If I started employment in August 2013 when should I file my

Customer Question

If I started employment in August 2013 when should I file my taxes?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 3 years ago.
and thank you me to assist you.
Your Tax Return must normally be filed (completed and submitted to HM Revenue and Customs) by 31 October following the tax year end (5 April) if you file on paper, or by 31 January following the tax year end if you file on-line. So the 2014 Tax Return ( tax year 2013-2014) is due by 31st October 2014, if filed by paper, or by 31st January 2015, if filed on-line. You will be sent your Tax Return – or a notice to file on-line – about May after the end of the tax year.
There are penalties payment of tax, late filing of tax returns and late notification of liability to pay tax.
If you consider that you do not need to submit a tax return, because all your income is taxed under PAYE, you can phone HMRC on 0300(###) ###-####and ask tax return to be withdrawn. If HMRC agrees, this will means that you no longer have to file a return and any penalties issued the tax return filing deadline will be set aside.