How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14199
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am the benificary to my sisters pension from US company ,

This answer was rated:

I am the benificary to my sisters pension from US company , she died last year and i am now started recieving the pension , I am a UK resident and pay UK taxes .
I have a ITIN number purposes . Do i have to pay tax on this pension

Thanks question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on just Answer.
First I would like to offer my condolences on your loss.
Yes, I am afraid tax will need to be considered on this pension, which HMRC will treat as foreign income so you should advise HMRC that this has begun.
Note that should you suffer and USA tax on this pension, then due to the double taxation treaty between us and the USA, you can claim credit USA tax suffered (thereby reducing the UK tax position)
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you