How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5112
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

my employer will give me money as agift to help me buy a house.

This answer was rated:

my employer will give me money as agift to help me buy a house. is this taxable?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Please advise under what circumstances your employer wishes to gift you the money.

Many thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what yax am i liable to?

Thank you for your reply.

The worst scenario is the amount is treated as taxable as remuneration under PAYE and you would pay tax and employee NI on this money.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Good luck.