How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

again. Based our previous discussion, I now understand

This answer was rated:

Hello again. Based our previous discussion, I now understand that I was actually a UK resident in 2013/2014, but that I qualify for split-year treatment. Therefore, can you please conform that I should leave blank boxes 15-17 on the Residence page for 2013/14, but that I should insert HKG for Hong Kong in boxes 18 and 19? Many thanks.
Hi again.

You might refer to the notes here which are quite helpful. You'll be able ignore most of the boxes in the residence pages.

Leave boxes 15 to 17 blank.

You should put HKG in boxes 18 and 19 as you were resident in Hong Kong.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you