How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14166
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Sam Self Assessment Tax Return, I'm not sure

This answer was rated:

Self Assessment Tax Return, I'm not sure what the question means:
Are you liable to pension savings tax charges?
I currently pay into a pension at work under a government scheme as I work in the public sector. Is this relevant to me?
Many thanks.

Thanks question and
This probably is not relevant to you, as you pay your contributions directly from your salary prior to taxation so the amounts you pay are closely monitored and based on a % of the income you earn.
This section relates to those that pay over the annual limit (currently £40,000) and have received a notification from their personal pension plan provider, of the excess, and they then report the excess at this section of the self assessment tax return
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you