How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5143
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

. I supply services to a Swiss company and deliver that

This answer was rated:

I supply services to a Swiss company and deliver that service (consultancy) in Switzerland as a self employed person resident in the UK. I need clarification on whether the services I supply to Switzerland count towards my VAT registration sales threshold.
HMRC say “Include any zero-rated items - only exclude VAT-exempt sales, and goods or services you supply outside of the UK.”
As Switzerland are not in the EU and are outside of the UK I read this as I do not have to include these sales towards my VAT registration sales threshold calculation.
Is this correct ?
and welcome to the site. Thank you question.

You are correct in your understanding ... exports outside the EU are excluded from calculations threshold purposes.

More information on this can also be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you my answer.

Best wishes.