How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5112
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have two small part time jobs which I pay income tax on. I

Customer Question

I have two small part time jobs which I pay income tax on.
I now want to sell craft items I make income but do not know if I have to pay tax on this or how to do it.I only expect to get about £1,500/2,000 from this.
Can you give advise on this please
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 3 years ago.
and welcome to the site. Thank you question.

Any income you get from selling craft items would be chargeable to income tax.
As you are already a taxpayer, this income would be added to your earnings from part-time jobs to calculate your total tax payable.

You will have to register assessment as self employed if you wish to make it ongoing and then file a tax return every year.

More information on self assessment can be found here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.