How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4808
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I have been working in Saudi Arabia since 9 Oct 2013, with

This answer was rated:

I have been working in Saudi Arabia since 9 Oct 2013, with only 9 days in the UK since that time. I am paid from a UK company, in UK£. I have a property in the UK, which my Daughter lives in, and I get no income from this property. Will I be able to claim back the tax I have paid since Oct 2013? And will I be able to go tax free future?
Andrew, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question. I bring good news, you should be able to get all the moneys deducted from your emoluments during your overseas service back in due course.
When you left the UK in October 2013 you should have sent a Form P85 to your tax office. If you did not so submit, don't worry, there is no time limit procedure and the form, which includes directions of overpaid tax, is available from the net and can be rendered on line. On receipt of this form HMRC would class you as non resident tax year following October 2013 [ie 14/15] and furthermore split the year of leaving [13/14] into two portions, one resident and one non resident.
Once all this is done then HMRC would normally issue a revised tax coding your UK employer to reflect your non resident status thus ensuring that your employer pays your income tax free.
When you eventually return to the UK you advise your tax office and the reverse situation takes place.
I do hope that I have solved your little problem . It is actually very easy and will take you but a few moments.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you support.