How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I live overseas and run an eBay business but post the items

This answer was rated:

I live overseas and run an eBay business but post the items in the UK. I am in the UK less than 91 days a year. Am I liable income tax?

Thanks question
Are you a British citizen and what ties do you have in the UK and how many days do you actually spend in the Uk, and purpose do you come to the UK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I am a British citizen. I live with my family overseas. I have a house in the UK which is rented out. I would say I am approximately in the UK 50 days on holiday.

Thanks response
Then if you only tie is a property in the UK - you will be declaring the rental income to HMRC
And you conduct all the sales from abroad but merely post the items when in the UK (so none of the work is taking place in the Uk)then you will not have a UK tax liability.
If however the work/business is in fact conducted in the UK posted items then you will be liable to tax on that income that arises.
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you