How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4810
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am a UK citizen,resident homeowner and taxpayer.I wish

Customer Question

I am a UK citizen,resident homeowner and taxpayer.
I wish to be outside the UK 170 days per year as a non working tourist
Is this acceptable to HMRC
I am 68
Many thanks,
What will an answer cost?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello Pearl, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Unfortunately not; if you are in the UK for 182 days in any one tax year you are classed as resident and liable to UK Income Tax on your income world wide. 365 - 170 = 195 so you need longer outside the UK to change your residential status.
You have already paid Just Answer for a response to your question so as far as that is concerned that's it.
So sorry to have to rain on your parade.