How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4944
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I qm enquiring abt tax badge - I am disabled wih arthritis

Customer Question

I qm enquiring abt tax badge - I am disabled wih arthritis (it is on my doctors computer) and have blue badge number 17K474 0 1040Y0116). I am partly driver of my husband's landrover number FL57 DYM and I am enquiring if we are allowed to renew our road Tax bage which is due on 30th April 2015.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Here is full advice on disabled tax disks from the Gov UK web site:
Please note the following general guidance which I have extracted:
'Vehicle tax exemption
You can apply for exemption from paying vehicle tax if you get the:
Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
Enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name. It must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. It can’t be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.
How to claim
You claim the exemption when you apply for vehicle tax.
You can do this online, by phone, by post or at a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax.
You’ll need:
Your exemption certificate serial number
The surname, date of birth and National Insurance number of the exemption certificate holder
Your exemption certificate must be one of the following:
Certificate of entitlement for DLA
Statement of entitlement for PIP
Annual certificate of entitlement
You must claim at a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax if you’re claiming for a particular vehicle for the first time. You can’t do it online or by phone.'
I do hope I have covered your position with my answer. If there is anything you do not understand please do not hesitate to ask a follow up question as I may have slightly misunderstood the tenor of your question.