How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7507
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I need a UTR code sent to me but I cant get one because I already

Customer Question

I need a UTR code sent to me but I cant get one because I already have one from over 10
years ago but I don't know what it is
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

HMRC won't reveal your UTR No. on the phone but they will send it to in the post.

It is a ten digit number and is quoted on
- your tax return (Form SA100)
- a notice to complete a tax return
- on a statement of account.

Call HMRC on 0300(###) ###-####and they should be able to send you your UTR in the post.
You may have to answer some security questions for data protection purposes.

You may find this link helpful

Please let me know if you need more information