How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14152
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Do I get a tax allowance dependant child still in ed

Customer Question

Do I get a tax allowance for a dependant child still in education
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.


Thanks for your question I am afraid that tax allowances for children were phased out in April 2000 and there is now just the increased personal allowance for individuals under independent taxation

There are such things as working tax credits and child benefit which assist with lower paid families with children -

Link here for tax credits

Link here for child benefit

Thanks Sam