How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4947
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Do I still owe any tax?

Customer Question

Do I still owe any tax?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Firstly Just Answer is not part of HMRC, but an independent tax advice forum so we cannot answer your question directly, only give guidance.
If you have submitted an on line or paper annual self assessment tax return then HMRC will respond with a statement showing any tax and NI due. This can then me paid in a number of ways if you use a paper return or on line if you have used that media. You should always check HMRC's figures to ensure accuracy and if they are wrong then you should appeal against their assessment which you do simply by writing a letter to your tax office.
That is, regrettably as far as I can go with advice. As I told you we are not HMRC. I do hope I have been of some assistance.