How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14153
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I received 2 payments of ppi both companys paid the

This answer was rated:

I received 2 payments of ppi for which both companys paid the income tax, I do not pay tax on my pensions could you let me know what to do please


Thanks for your question

The PPi repayment itself would not have suffered incokme tax, but any payments if interest made would have.

I would assume you have been provided with documentation detailing the PPI repayment the interest and tax suffered, and a a non taxpayer you will be entitled to a tax refund.

You should write to HMRc with your P60 (for any private pension) details of any state pension and the document detailing the tax suffered on the interest payment after 05/04/2015 - HMRC can then make a tax refund to you (keep copies of the letter and the PP1 documentation)

Make sure you provide your full name and address and National Insurance on the letter.

Let me know if you need an address to write to (should be on your ;atest P2 notice of cosing, but if you cannot locate this OR did not get issued with one, then let me know)

Also let me know if you have any follow up questions on the infroamtion I have provided.



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you