How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15980
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I have received a new PAYE coding Notice -16.

This answer was rated:

I have received a new PAYE coding Notice for 2015-16. My tax reference is 951/XZ08452 and my NI no. is EK341276C. My wife Jean XXXX XXXXX sadly died on 4th February 2015. I expect this to change the married couple's allowance which I have claimed in the past. Please advise me on action HMRC or myself must take W.R.XXXXXX


I'm sorry for your loss.

As you will see here, you are entitled to the married couples allowance for the whole of the tax year in which your wife died, 2014/15. All you need to do to have your 2015/16 tax coding changed is to call the tax office on the number here, tell them that your wife has passed away and they will review the code and change if it necessary while you are on the phone to them.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you