How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4766
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

i have not been registered any where to pay council tax I got

This answer was rated:

i have not been registered any where to pay council tax I got a letter from the council were are you registered what do I tell them
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Where do you live? Do you live with parents, friends, rented accommodation etc? Once i have this information I can assist you further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been living with friends and family I have all my corresponds and letters at my mothers house

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that's were I got the letter from the council I didn't really live there as my dad didn't want me there

Just Answer has lost my reply. It is the property which is registered for council tax not the individual. There is one situation where this does not apply and that is where there is only one occupant claiming the 25% discount. Then an additional person there results in the loss of the discount. This my be what the local council is hinting.
Otherwise it is mere fishing by the council, just put the letter in the bin.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will they believe me if I say I was a drifter and want to register now as my father has gone

I just would not respond at all to such fishing expeditions.
The only situation in which they would be acceptable is were you residing with a person on discount in circumstances in which the discount should be lost.