How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5145
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have a Limited company in the UK and I work as a contractor

This answer was rated:

I have a Limited company in the UK and I work as a contractor to a UK company.
I am moving to Kenya in June.
Can I keep providing services to the UK company from abroad?

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

Is your UK company doing business with UK based customers?

If there is no requirement that you have to be present in the UK to undertake the duties/work, I see no problem in you providing these services from a remote location (in your case Kenya.).

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI. thanks for the quick reply. I had the impression that there would be a tax implication if I was not physically in the UK and that if my status changed to non-resident. Is the fact that I'm not physically in UK irrelevant?

Any income arising in the UK is chargeable to UK tax
If this income is going through the books of your LTD company, then it will form part of company turnover and chargeable to CT.

If you invoice the customer on freelance basis from Kenya as a provider of service from a remote location and the customer paid you direct, then you would decalre it to Kenyan tax authorities.

I hope this is helpful.