How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4791
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

How do I charge and account Vat on a Commercial Property

Customer Question

How do I charge and account for the Vat on a Commercial Property that is being sold. We are the landlords and have elected to charge vat on the rental income and disposal. Do we have to raise a separate invoice for the disposal
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.

Well, yes; normally one would not see a formal invoice for the sale of landed property, but in this case, as an election to impose the tax on rental income has been made, it will be necessary to issue the buyer with a formal invoice showing the amount of VAT payable. Such an invoice must conform with the normal rules for VAT invoicing ie unique reference, date, VAT Number, amount of VAT charged and at which rate etc.

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.