How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14192
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

thanks your help so far If I work 2 shifts

Customer Question

Hello thanks for all your help so far
If I work 2 shifts per month I will earn 10,800 per year extra income after filling my self assessment assuming no tax relief ( I am eligible for some I.e GMC and BMA registration)
1. what will be my tax bill for the year assuming I earn this after 6th April
2. How much will my take home pay be for the tax year and month after these deductions
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Sam replied 3 years ago.


Thanks for your furtehr question and asking for me

Yes you are due tax releif on your professional subsciptions which you can ask (if you have not already done so) for these to be added into your tax code so you benefit form the tax relief each month or just claim them annually through self assessment

1) I have worked this out for you - it will be the additional tax due at 40% (just from the locum wirm which will vary acording to whethe you work 1 or 2 shifts) and the additional student loan payments due as your income will incraese

But it will be about an additional 20% tax due on £8000 = £1600 and also the additional £61 x 12 student loan deductions = £732 so about £2332

2) Already advised -

Total take home pay £2826.36 per month

Annually £ 33912