How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15975
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Good evening, I have question about VAT (EU, small business).

Customer Question

Good evening, I have question about VAT (EU, small business). Can somebody help me, please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

A transaction between a business in one EU country with a business in another EU country should result in no VAT being charged by the seller or charged on the buyer by the buyer's government on the import. So long as you can provide the seller in the Czech Republic with a valid VAT registration number, they should not charge you VAT on the childrens' clothes you wish to import into the UK.

Take a look at VAT Notice 725 here for confirmation. If you look at paragraph 4.3, that shows what you would do if you were selling to a VAT registered business customer in another EU country. The same will apply to the Czech business selling to you as long as you are VAT registered.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.

It's been a few days since I answered your question. Is there anything you need further clarification on?