How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7508
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have worked same company 15 years classed

Customer Question

I have worked for the same company for aprox 15 years classed as self employed I have not received anything from inland revenue I thought my income tax was being paid as 20 per cent of my wages was deducted have I misunderstood my situation?.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.


Can you tell me what you do for a living please. What has prompted you to look at your tax situation after 15 years? Do you receive payslips?