How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5142
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

, we've got a ltd company. I need to produce a tax return

This answer was rated:

we've got a ltd company. I need to produce a tax return for the company.
We are not VAT registered.
May I use sage 50 to produce the balance sheet for the company last year's taxes?
Because we are not VAT registered shall I do my company taxes like I do my self assessment?
Which form shall I use to send to hmrc?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You have to file a company tax return. It is called a CT600 return. You file it online either using HMRC software that you can download from HMRC site by logging into your Corporation tax services online or by using third party software.

When you file the CT return, you also file a copy of your company accounts at the same time.

I presume you have registered with HMRC for online services for corporation tax. If not, you have to do that first and you can do it here

You can use any software you like to produce your company's accounts.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes.