How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15976
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Can I a pensioner claim part of my husbands tax allowances

This answer was rated:

Can I a pensioner claim part of my husbands tax allowances

The married couple's allowance is only available to those couples where one or both parties was born before 6 April 1935. You can read about that here.

For the 2015/16 tax year, it is possible for part of one spouse's personal allowance to be transferred to the other spouse if certain criteria are met. You can read about the marriage tax allowance here and here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Hi again.
It's been a few days since I answered your question. Is there anything you need further clarification on?