How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Can my wife use some ofmy Tax Allowance? I earn around £7700

Customer Question

Can my wife use some ofmy Tax Allowance?
I earn around £7700 annually.
So I currently do not pay any Income Tax
My NI Number is YR015522D
My wife is a Pensioner
She has Pensions as follows
1 Oap
2 Teaching Pension from Essex CC
3 Teaching Pension from East Sussex CC
My wife's NI Number is *****#
We have no other lncome
Can you advise us please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.


So long as you meet the criteria for the new marriage allowance which are set out here, you will be able to transfer £1,060 (10%) of your personal allowance to your wife. This will save her £212 in tax. Register your interest by clicking on the green signs.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.