How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4808
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

how does one account tax deductions on income in

Customer Question

how does one account for foreign tax deductions on income in a company on form SC600
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
Please verify the form. Do you mean a CT600 by any chance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Terribly sorry,yes I reaffirm it should have read CT600

Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 years ago.
In Box 9; here is HMRC guidance on completing CT600.
'9 Overseas income within Schedule D Case V
This box is for income arising outside the UK. This was previously Case V income but is now dealt with as income within Part 3 (trading income), Part 4 (property income), Part 5
(investment income), Part 9A (company distributions) and Part 10 (miscellaneousincome)
CTA 2009. Include here any non­exempt dividends or distributions of a company not
resident in the UK.
Your computations should include a detailed calculation of this figure.'
So it is box 9 with a note.