How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15977
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

***** ***** MURRAY. ZY 92 61 63 D , Tax Ref;948/C30652 & 951/C11XX.

This answer was rated:

***** ***** MURRAY. ZY 92 61 63 D , Tax Ref;948/C30652 & 951/C11XX. I retired from the Corps of Commissionaires on 30 MAR 15. The corps have informed me that they will send out P45 on 17APL15. What action do I have to do in respect of HMRC.

You don't necessarily have to do anything with your P45. However, as you retired on 30 March 2015 which is very close to the end of the 2014/15 tax year and you have two PAYE references, you might call the tax office on the number here and ask them to check your 2014/15 tax position to ensure that your are square tax wise. Of course, you may have paid too much tax or too little.

HMRC may issue a P800 tax calculation to you which will have your earnings details, pension details and details of any other income sources you had in 2014/15 in it. This will tell you if you are overpaid or underpaid. If you have a source of income which they have not included, then you should tell HMRC about it. You can read about the P800 tax calculation here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you