How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4786
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I am classed as a non-resident in the UK now and have just

This answer was rated:

I am classed as a non-resident in the UK now and have just sold my house there. Do I have to pay VAT on the commision the Estate Agents are charging for the sale?
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question. The news I bring will not be to your liking, I fear.
Yes, you do. The VAT is chargeable upon a service rendered in the UK. You will have to do the same for your bill for the conveyancing in due course.
I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.