How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4948
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

, I have Ltd company. it's a joint company/ me and my

This answer was rated:

I have Ltd company. it's a joint company/ me and my partner are both directors/
How can I close this company?
Hello, I'm Keith and happy to help you with your question.
You can shut down the company and have it removed from the register. However, these days it is a bit of a palaver. The quickest way to get rid of it is to sell it on eBay; it will be gone in a week and you will get a bit of cash for it too. You can also choose to leave it dormant. You can find full details at the following Gov UK web site:
I do hope I have shown you a way forward to get rid of your company.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your answer!

I didn't know that I could sell it on e-bay...That sounds very interesting!

If someone buys it how I can remove our names as being responsible for the company till now

Better wait until you have sold it off although you could notify Companies House that both directors have resigned. It would not look very efficient to the buyer. Just send the forms in as you sell, update the register and advise the buyer.
A few weeks ago there were quite a few available on eBay; the supply seems to have dried up though of late.
Please be so kind as to rate me before you leave the Just Answer site.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your support.

Here is an example, a bit out of your range I suspect!