How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4970
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

, could you give advice regarding companies house abbreviated accounts? Where should th

This answer was rated:

Hi, could you give advice regarding companies house abbreviated accounts?
Where should the amounts put in by the director into the company be shown?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
With the greatest respect, why are you preparing abbreviated accounts at all?
When you file your Corporation Tax (CT) return on line there is an option to forward abbreviated accounts to Companies House and if selected these are extracted and filed for you automatically. If you have already made your CT return and did not select this option then all is not lost. Just go into the package again, work through the entries and make the appropriate election.
To respond to your question, however, it depends upon the director's requirements. If he is contributing to share capital it goes in there. If he is lending moneys to the company they they would be entered in the ledgers under 'Loans by directors' and reported on the balance sheet as creditors, either as those repayable within the year or those over one year.
I do hope that I have assisted you with my answer.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.