How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5147
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

client has moved abroad. permanently. he runs a call centre

This answer was rated:

client has moved abroad. permanently.
he runs a call centre from abroad and targets uk customers. he is paid commission from a uk company to his uk bank account on every successful sale.
is he liable for tax on his profits from this business?
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

If the client has moved abroad permanently and is operating from overseas location, then profits would be taxed in the country of operation albeit the customer base is in the UK.

The profits would not be chargeable to UK tax if the business is conducted from abroad.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you