How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5143
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I am a VAT regisrered trader with my current quarter ending

This answer was rated:

I am a VAT regisrered trader with my current quarter ending 30 May 2015 . How can I change that to 31 April 2015
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You complete section 3 (change VAT Return dates) of Form VAT 484 - Notifying us of changes to a VAT registered business.

This form can be downloaded here

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I do this online tomorrow so that it takes immediate effect ?

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you try it tonight or tomorrow morning and if it does not work, then post the completed form to HMRC recorded delivery and retain copy for future reference.

This assumes that you activated the Change registration details service when you first registered to file VAT returns online.

A change to April would mean you file the VAT Return no later than 7 June.

I hope this is helpful. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Your reward of a generous bonus is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes.