How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have bought goods from a Chinese supplier and paid in

This answer was rated:

Hi. I have bought goods from a Chinese supplier and paid in dollars. The retailer I am selling to is picking up the goods FOB and paying in US$. Should we charge VAT on the invoice we issue to the retailer? Both our company and the retailer are based in the UK and goods will be sold in the UK
Thanks for your question
Yes you must charge VAT - what currency has been used to make the sale and the purchase has no bearing its all about place of supply and that remains as being the UK
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Sam, This contradicts the info here, so please can you just confirm that your advice is correct as the retailer will pay VAT on import: <a href="" target="_blank" title="
Cmd+Click to follow link" rel="nofollow">