Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax

I have bought goods from a Chinese supplier and paid in

Hi. I have bought goods from a Chinese supplier and paid in dollars. The retailer I am selling to is picking up the goods FOB and paying in US$. Should we charge VAT on the invoice we issue to the retailer? Both our company and the retailer are based in the UK and goods will be sold in the UK
Thanks for your question
Yes you must charge VAT - what currency has been used to make the sale and the purchase has no bearing its all about place of supply and that remains as being the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Sam, This contradicts the info here, so please can you just confirm that your advice is correct as the retailer will pay VAT on import: <a href="" target="_blank" title="
Cmd+Click to follow link" rel="nofollow">