How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 5147
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have "bed and isa " ed £15000 from one acct to another. The

This answer was rated:

I have "bed and isa " ed £15000 from one acct to another. The capital gains on this amount are below the allowance. Do I need to declare this to HMRC and if so how?

Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.

You need to fill in the Capital gains summary pages if:

- you sold or disposed of chargeable assets which were worth more than £44,000

- your chargeable gains before taking off any losses were more than £11,000 annual exempt amount’

- you have gains in an earlier year taxable inthis period

- you want to claim an allowable capital loss or make a capital gains claim or election for the year

- you were not domiciled in the UK and are claiming to pay tax on your foreign gains on the remittance basis

- you are chargeable on the remittance basis and have remitted foreign chargeable gains of an earlier year

As the gain is below the threshold of £11,000 and the sale proceeds are below £44,000

you do not have to declare the gain on your tax return. I have given you the figures for tax year 2014-15.

More information on reporting of capital gains can be found here - SA108 Notes "Capital Gains Summary Sheet".

I hope this is helpful and answers your question.

If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I thank you for accepting my answer.

Best wishes