How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14154
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I'm a VAT registered graphic designer. A Registered Charity

This answer was rated:

I'm a VAT registered graphic designer. A Registered Charity has asked me to design a brochure for them. Do I need to charge VAT on the design or not?


Thanks for your question - I am Sama nd I am one of the UK tax experts.

Yes as you do not supply zero exempt supplies - so you charge at the standard rate.

Link here for you so you can see what charities can have VAT free (either exempt or zero rated or reduced rated. (Also in case they raise this as an issue)

As you can see graphic design services are NOT in that list!

Let me know if I can provide any further assistance



Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you