How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4768
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

Iwent on line weeks ago asking why my council tax did not show

This answer was rated:

iwent on line weeks ago asking why my council tax did not show any discount for being a widower since the 6 may 2014 l have had no response after being told that going on line is the quickest way to get a response if it is any help my account reference is88742098

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.

Just Answer is not connected in any way to a local council; it is an independent UK taxation advice platform.

Your marital status does not affect your council tax. However as a single occupant of a residence you should receive a 25% discount on your council tax bill. You can apply for this using the following Gov UK link:

That I think will be the quickest way to resolve your problem and get your council tax levy reduced to the correct level. Full details of council tax as a system you can find here:

I do hope that I have assisted you with your problem,

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.