bigduckontax, Accountant

Iwent on line weeks ago asking why my council tax did not show

iwent on line weeks ago asking why my council tax did not show any discount for being a widower since the 6 may 2014 l have had no response after being told that going on line is the quickest way to get a response if it is any help my account reference is88742098

Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.

Just Answer is not connected in any way to a local council; it is an independent UK taxation advice platform.

Your marital status does not affect your council tax. However as a single occupant of a residence you should receive a 25% discount on your council tax bill. You can apply for this using the following Gov UK link:

That I think will be the quickest way to resolve your problem and get your council tax levy reduced to the correct level. Full details of council tax as a system you can find here:

I do hope that I have assisted you with your problem,

Thank you for your support.