How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I have just received a self-employed class 2 national lnsurance

This answer was rated:

hi I have just received a self-employed class 2 national lnsurance contributions (NICs) due for the period of 12-10-14 to 11-04-15 =$71.50 and 07-04-13 to 11-10-14 =214.65 and 06-04-08 to 06-04-13 =717.75. I've only been back in the country the last six months after being away for 30 odd years I started work 6 months ago ( not self-employed ) what do I do about these payments thanks dave
Hi Dave
Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
Somehow HMRC are under the impression that you are either self employed or working under CIS (Construction Industry)
As this is not the case (based on what you advise) then you should write to both HMRC and the National Insurance Office and advise that they have their information wrong, and you are in fact not self employed |(I assume you are in fact employed and have your tax and National Insurance deducted from your wages)
Let me know if you need HMRCs address or any furtehr assistance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi and thank you sam I wood like the HMRCs address

Thanks for your response
Write to *****
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom
Quote both your National Insurance number - and if this has been issued to you the 10 digit unique taxpayer reference number.
Let me know if I can be of any furtehr assistance with this matter - but it would be very much appreciated, if you rate the level of service I have provided. (This ensures that Just Answer credit me for my time)
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you