How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I currently earn £52050.15 pa and pay 15.74% in pension contributions

This answer was rated:

I currently earn £52050.15 pa and pay 15.74% in pension contributions can you please tel me how I can calculate what my take homepay should be?


Based on a salary of £52,050, a tax code of 1060L (£10,600 personal allowance) and annual pension contributions of £8,193 deducted from your salary as a payslip item, you should have the following figures each month:

Gross Pay £4337.50

Pension £682.75

Tax £578.82

NIC £359.36

Net Pay £2,716.57

Use the calculator here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my wage slip shows that I have only been paying around £319 for the last few months, why the big difference?
Which months? What tax code have you been on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My tax code is 1060L and been paying between 314 and 319 for the past twelve months.
I'd have to see all the figures on the payslips, gross, pension, tax nic, net, any other figures.