How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4956
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I bought my house in 2008. I now wish to split it into three

This answer was rated:

I bought my house in 2008. I now wish to split it into three flats - sell two and live in the remaining one myself. Will I have to pay tax on the two sales?
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.
As it is your sole or main domestic residence Private Residence Relief applies so this sale avoids Capital Gains Tax. Ensure that you sell within 18 months of starting conversions as you are deemed to be in occupation even if this is not the case.
I do hope that I have set your minds at rest in this matter.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.