How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 17161
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** i am working as a carer

This answer was rated:

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** i am working as a carer with 6,5 £ a hour i am employed by an agency and after 3 months i got my first pay slip on the pay slip i found these tax code 0T (w1/m1) is these tax code valid ? my contract is 48 hours a week and i have worked 231 hours last month and my income tax was 300.5 £
Hello and thank you for allowing me to assist you.
Your tax code OT means your Personal Allowance has been used up, or you’ve started a new job and don’t have a form P45, or you didn’t give your new employer the details they need to give you a tax code.
If you have not completed the P45 you need to do that as soon as possible. Your code will be updated automatically after you’ve given your new employer your P45.
If you did then speak with your employer and make certain they have your information correct.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But these is my first job in UK and I don't have a p 45

Thank you for that information.
If this is your first job and you don't have a P45, your employer will give you a P46 to fill in and sign. Your employer will allocate a tax code and work out the tax due. HMRC will process your P46 and, where necessary, revise your tax code.
If you've paid too much tax, your employer will make the necessary repayment.
TaxRobin and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you