How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15979
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

I work 4 years in Quattro recruitment [Norfolk] and have tax

This answer was rated:

I work 4 years in Quattro recruitment [Norfolk] and have tax code 1000L. Last year imoved to Birmingham and start working in agency Extra Personnel and they give me tax code OT W1 and i paid biger taxis, jet i get contract at DHL Services Ltd and may tax code agein is OT. I work all time only in one work place, how can I cange may tax code back to 1000L ?

Have you only done one job at any one time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I have done only one job.


Unless you hand a P45 from your previous job to your new employer each time you move, your tax code may get messed up.

Call the tax office on the number here and ask them to change the tax code to 1060L (£10,600 personal allowance). Ask them also to check your tax postion for the 2014/15 tax year and to issue a P800 tax calcualtion as you may well have paid too much tax in that tax year. They will do this while you are on the phone to them.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you