How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7510
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

I am a British citizen who has been working in the Middle East

Customer Question

I am a British citizen who has been working in the Middle East for 25 years. I am non resident for tax purposes bot do pay tax on UK paid pensions. I am planning to retire to UK within 18 months. When is the best time to return so that I will not be liable for tax on salary earned overseas.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 2 years ago.

Do you own your home in the Middle East, will you dispose of it and will you, for all intents and purposes, break any ties you have with the Middle East once you return to the UK? Which country have you been living in?