How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14195
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Can you offset an income tax loss brought forward on

This answer was rated:

Hello can you offset an income tax loss brought forward on a sole trade against the capital gain generated (through the sale of net assets/liabilities to a company) once the sole trade is incorporated
Thanks for your question
No I am afraid not as they are different tax regimes.
The loss will have to be forgone as it could only ever have been offset against trade profits or other taxed income for that same year.
Sorry the news is not more favourable - let me know if I can be of any further assistance with this matter.
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you