How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14153
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Where on the website can i find details of transferring my

This answer was rated:

Where on the website can i find details of transferring my wifes unused personal allowance to me.
Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
I have added the link here for you which deals with the change of legislation effective from 06/04/2015 and this allows you to register an interest
If however you were referring to the age related marries couples allowance (for those born before 6th April 1935)
Let me know if you require any furtehr assistance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My wife is 70 and has an allowance of £100500 giving her a code number of349 L.She only has a small pension of £2000. We wish to use the unused portion of her allowance on my income tax situation. I am 83.


Thanks for our response
Then you just need to do is get your wife to register her interest in the link I provided for this to be dealt with for you oth . This is the quickest and simplest way to claim this.
Link here again for you
Let me know if I can assist any furtehr but it would be appreciated if you could rate (click accept) for the level of service you have been provided.
Sam and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you