How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4948
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

So it seems the best way is to just transfer the Co to my so

This answer was rated:

So it seems the best way is to just transfer the Co to my so and instead off adding 40 k to the 40k rent to pay off the 350 debt to rbsi in 18 months approx. just leave the 40 k rent to pay off the 350 in 3 years and leave it as a isle man co but in my sons namenot in my own co hendersons thatown that co and another couple of companies cheers Alex

Hello Alex, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to help you with your question.

Yes that appears a sensible approach with the minimum of disruption to all and sundry.

As the Isle of Man has no Capital Gain Tax regime the transfer will be a tax free as far as you are concerned. The IOM has no gifts tax either so your son acquires the company tax free also.

I do hope that I have assisted.

bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your support.