How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TonyTax Your Own Question
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16228
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TonyTax is online now

Are foreign dividends received treated differently in

This answer was rated:

Are foreign dividends received treated differently in the corporation tax computation to UK Dividends received and are taxable?
Kind regards


In general, foreign dividends received by UK companies are not taxable and no relief is given for any foreign tax credit against a UK corporation tax liability. The double tax treaty between the UK and the country from which the dividend is paid may limit the amount of foreign tax paid.

There are exceptions to the general no UK tax on foreign dividend rules which you can read about here.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your prompt reply but how are foreign dividends treated differently to UK dividends for corporation tax purposes and also is interest received on corporation tax from HMRC taxable?



They aren't treated differently from UK dividends received by a UK company except in certain circumstances as described in the link I gave you which apply to large companies. The link is here.

Interest received on corporation tax repayments is taxable. Look here for confirmation.
TonyTax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you